Basic sharpening stone guide
Posted on August 16 2017
Need help deciding which sharpening stone is best for you? Take a look at this quick guide to help with your decision.
(220 - 800 GRIT)
- Useful for fixing chipped and damaged blades.
- Also prefered for knives that have not been sharpened in a while, the heavier grit will grind away steel faster.
- Useful for honing and establishing burr on blades.
- Great all around sharpening stone to have for everyday sharpening. Will get knives sharp quick and make edge razor sharp.
- Useful for polishing edge on knives and making final edge.
- Great stone for high quality knives that can reach high levels of sharpness. Creates mirror polish on edges for smoother cutting.
Also, take a look at this short video from our in-house sharpener, Atsatsa.